2017 was another running year.
I ran more virtual events than ever before. I spent my 40th birthday run/jog/walking a half marathon at Disneyland.
I wore my fitbit, of course. But, I switched my focus from 10,000 steps a day to concentrating on the number of miles I ran.
My plantar fasciitis was still a bit of an annoyance. But, it was better than in 2016. My guess is this is due to the fact that I was training for a marathon in 2016. I didn’t do as many long runs in 2017 – which would then make sense that I didn’t log as many miles in 2017 as I did in 2016.
I completed the You vs Year challenge sponsored by MapMyRun & Under Armour. The goal was to run 1017k in the year 2017.
* RUNNING HIGHLIGHTS: MONTH BY MONTH *
• Due to snow & ice, many miles were done on the elliptical
• Total miles this month: 60.29
• Finished HRC’s Mad Eye Moody 5K
• Total miles this month: 58.99
• Finished Yo Ho Ho Virtual 5K
• Finished Shamrock Run 15K
• Total miles this month: 46.01
• Finished Race for the Roses 10K
• Finished HRC’s 10K and SPEW
• Finished HRC’s Unmasked 10 miler
• Total miles this month: 66.98
• Finished Hippie Chick Half Marathon
• Total miles this month: 49.27
• Finished Helvetia Half Marathon
• Total miles this month: 43.02
• Finished HRC’s Eternal Glory 4 Miler
• Total miles this month: 33.28
• Finished She Believed She Could Virtual 10K
• Total miles this month: 34.55
• Finished the 5K, 10K, & Half Marathon in Disneyland
• Finished the Quest for the Lost Scroll Virtual 10K
• Finished HRC’s Platform 9 3/4K
• Total miles this month: 68.32
• Finished HRC’s Sirius Half Marathon
• Total miles this month: 84.48
• Finished Wobble Before we Gobble 4 Miler
• Total miles this month: 61.89
• Finished Virtual Santa Hustle 5K
• Total miles this month: 49.41
I RUN FOR BLING
This year’s medal count: 19
5K Events: 4
10K Events: 5
Half Marathon Events: 4
Other Events: 4
Total Miles Run/Jogged: 656.5
2015 Total Miles: 440 miles
2016 Total Miles: 761 miles
I have signed up for a couple events in 2018 already. So, apparently 2018 will be a running year also. I will complete a half marathon or two (or three), but I would like to focus on speed. I know I can accomplish the distance. Now, I would like to go the distance a tad more quickly.