It’s officially the busy season. The hens are laying eggs like crazy. The garden beds are taking off and we’re beginning to enjoy the harvest. The weeds are growing like mad, which means there is a lot of weed pulling these days.
• I collected calendula flowers. They are set out dry and eventually I will make calendula oil.
• The grow beds in the aquaponics system are going crazy. I had to give them a trim. I probably should have trimmed them even more.
• While trimming the grow beds, I harvested a bunch of tomatoes, Mexican sour gherkins, Thai eggplant, and okra.
• In the regular garden beds the squash are ready. We’ve picked a bunch already and will continue picking.
• A couple months ago, Farmer John planted half of the goat’s field with a grass mix. It’s finally established enough that we’re letting the goats graze on it.
• Last week 15 chicks hatched. When they aren’t eating, drinking, or pooping, they are napping (bottom left). So dang cute!